The advantages of personal training for depression.
Let this be your motivation to make a change. It’s never too late to start - you have to start somewhere afterall. Eradicate any excuses running through your mind, clear out the cobwebs and think positively. Start off by ensuring that you include exercise in your daily routine, make sure to plan the time of day it will fit in best with you and get it done!
The workouts don’t need to take much time out of your day to see results and feel great. Studies by Edward R Laskowski (http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/weight-loss/in-depth/exercise/art-20050999) have shown that you should aim for at least 30 minutes of physical activity 4-6 days a week on average. If you want to lose weight or meet specific fitness goals, then you may need to do a little more – our specialised Chelsea Personal Trainers can help you achieve your goals with many different approaches and will find the most suitable methods for you.
Our answer to help to achieve a positive outlook in life is without a doubt; exercise! A summer body is made in the winter afterall. Exercise is our stimulation as it helps us to focus on all the important aspects of our lives and motivates us thoroughly.
Here are just a few reasons why having a workout is definitely the key to overcome those January blues.
- Improved Self Esteem – This is a huge psychological benefit of regular exercise, as you will feel and look better.
- Endorphins are released – When you exercise, your body releases endorphins, these interact with receptors in your brain and reduce your perception of pain. The feel good factor that you experience after exercise is addictive and we can’t get enough of it.
- Productivity - Exercise really helps people achieve a much more positive and energized outlook on life, often resulting in a very productive day at work and at home.
- Stress reduction – Exercise is the best relief from any kind of stress and will help reduce anxiety and any feelings of depression.
- Improved sleep – Regular exercise will allow you to get to bed earlier, you will be more likely to sleep longer, you should increase your deep sleep duration and you may notice less waking up at midnight (http://blog.withings.com/2014/11/12/impacts-of-physical-activity-on-sleep/).
The five points above are just a few of the amazing benefits that exercise has on our mind and body, so make the change this January and be the best version of yourself. If you need any help on training or diet programmes, please get in touch with us and we can find the most suitable personal trainer tailored to help you achieve your goals.